• Soffe Fresh Face Winner 2012, Brittany & her mini team's DIY Shorts!


Hello Soffe Fans,

I hope everyone had a wonderful summer and the new school year is going great! My summer was so filled with adventure and events that it flew by so fast. Of course my trip to New York was fantastic. I also promised to update everyone on my pageant results. I am excited to say that I am writing this blog as USA National Miss Teen 2012. I also finished first runner up Miss Galaxy International. Which was a great accomplishment because I was the only US representative not only in the top 10 but in the final 5. I met so many amazing people from all over the world it was such and amazing experience. Both of these events have opened the doors to so many opportunities in the future. I look forward to the year ahead so that I can continue to reach out and attend many different events to encourage others to reach for their dreams as I have begun reaching for mine. My non profit organization "Color Me Beautiful" continues to grow. I have started sending out care packages to children across the United States and am already planning a couple of events to provide care packages to children around the holidays. I can't wait to continue to spread smiles through the world of color.


So speaking of color... I loved everyone's designs they submitted for the Soffe shorts contest.. With your inspiration I also wanted to create a pair of shorts. I wanted my shorts to represent "me". Who I am and what I am all about. I hope you like them. I love children and everyday I am working with either my 2nd grade class room, my mini level 1 team, or my Sunday school kids and I wanted to some how allow them to be a part of this fun project. So my mini team and I had a shorts making day. It was so much puffy paint, stencils, and of course glitter. Hearing all the chatter and giggles come from this precious group of girls while they created was wonderful. Everyone was so proud of their work of art. They kept asking me is Soffe going to make our shorts. I said I don't know maybe.




I hope I am not only and inspiration to young children but to others my age, younger, and even older. We tend to be afraid or tend to hold ourselves back from the things we want to do because we feel they are too far out of reach or their is someone better then us out there. Everyone is beautiful everyone is special and everyone has the right and ability to reach for their dreams.

Until next time... keep smiling... and don't forget to wear you some Soffe
Brittany Deaville
"Fresh Face of Soffe 2012"